Extruded Profiles – Extruded Profiles
Medical Grade Extrusions
Parker’s Precision Extruded and Cut Seals Made From FDA or USP Class VI Materials Provide Critical Sealing Solutions for Medical Connectors, Valves, and Fittings.
Applications: Medical connectors, valves, and fittings requiring static face or static radial seals and discs for a variety of healthcare device sealing requirements.
Market: There are three primary categories of potential customers:
1. Manufacturers of connectors, valves, and fittings that have a specialty line of Medical products.
2. Medical product design facilities.
3. Plastic injection molders of Medical devices.
Design Requirements: Engineered static face or radial seals made from either FDA “White List” or USP Class VI materials with precision tolerances. Free of flash, parting lines, non-fills, and voids. Rapid prototype delivery and production ramp-up capabilities are required.
The Solution: The Parker Division has a large variety of FDA “White List” and USP Class VI Elastomer formulations.
By utilizing an extrusion and precision cut process, Parker seals are free of flash, parting lines, non-fills, and voids, which are common concerns with molded parts. To ensure cleanliness, finished parts can be washed in deionized water and double bagged under environmentally controlled conditions.
Summary: Darcoid works with Parker who’s precision extrusion and cutting process offers the designer and manufacturer of connectors, valves, and fittings the best static seal product with no tooling cost, a broad range of materials to choose from, design flexibility, and speed to market.
• Static seals that are individually engineered to properly fit each application.
• Maximum sealing surface contact vs. round cross sections.
• Over 50 FDA “White List” and USP Class VI materials ranging from 40 to 80 Durometer Shore A.
(See USP & FDA Specialty Elastomers Bulletin No. 5408B1-USA)
• Translucent, white, or custom colored compounds.
• Exclusive use of “Sealing Grade” Materials.
• Lot traceability with every shipment.
• Cost effective solutions compared to molded or die cut products.
• No tooling for OD/ID combinations
• No flash, parting lines, or non fills.
• Parker Design and Manufacturing process provides flexibility and speed to market.