T-Seals feature an elastomer seal element with nylon or PTFE back-up rings to prevent the seal from extruding or rolling in the groove.
T-seals were originally developed to preserve advantages of O-rings in dynamic fluid power applications while ending two of their most serious reliability problems:
(1) Extrusion through the gap between static and dynamic surfaces
(2) Instability in their grooves, which led to spiral or twisting failure.
- T-seal eliminates both of these problems while retaining the space-saving attributes of the compact O-ring groove. Above all,
- T-seal meets or exceeds the O-ring’s outstanding ability to seal at all pressures and temperatures.
- T-seals have been developed to replace existing O-ring seals in long-lived hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Their ability to fit into existing grooves means that a retrofit can be made with no re-machining or major revisions to the existing hardware design.
- This simplifies both field changes and new equipment manufacturing.
Piston T Seals
Piston T-Seals combine a resilient sealing ring with a hard, split back-up ring on each side of the sealing element. The assembly installs in a standard o-ring groove.
- T-Seals are non-spiraling and extrusion resistant to 5,000 psi with improved intermediate and wide base.
- T-seals are designed to fit MIL-5514F o-ring glands only and interchange with 1 o-ring / 1 back-up ring and 1 o-ring / 2 back-up ring grooves, respectively.
- Material: Buna-N Rubber Seal Hard Plastic Back-ups. Temp: -35 To +220F Pressure Range: 0 To 5,000 PSI.
Rod T-Piston Seals
The Rod T-piston seal is designed for installation in standard commercial O-ring grooves.
- Designs should allow for proper lead-in angle (identical to those specified for O-rings).
- Due attention should also be given the chamfering and/or recessing of shoulders, ports and threads, which may damage the seal in installation or operation.