Metal Detectable Elastomers
As a result of excessive use, shearing and damage can occur to equipment causing undetectable product contamination. Metal detectables can eliminate product recall, lower product loss and decrease the risk of elastomers consumed in finished product. Specially made for the meat and poultry industries, Tuf-Steel® metal detectable hygienic seals can be used on 500° F continuous hot oil applications.
System Protection with Metal Detectable Elastomers
A common problem with component and filler parts is excessive wear and tear. When rubber breaks off a moving part it can migrate through your system and into your product. Searching for and locating fragmented rubber parts is a costly, time consuming and inconclusive process requiring expensive X-Ray equipment, manual observation and an extensive maintenance program. Not locating a worn and lost rubber piece can have an even costlier outcome. Rubber Fab provides an easy and cost-effective solution with metal detectable elastomers. By manufacturing a standard elastomer with a metal impregnated compound, displaced rubber material can now be located by an in-line metal detector. This alarm enables your system to instantly reject contaminated product.
- Easily detect lost elastomeric fragments.
- Prevent product recall.
- Lower product loss.
- Stop distribution of contaminated product.
- For use in standard OEM equipment.
- Designed for microbial, high-temperature and mechanical applications.
- Available in hygienic seals, screens, sheets, extrusions, valve stems and filler boots. Consult factory for other metal detectable products.
- Elastomers meet Title 21 CFR 177.2600
- Tuf-Steel meets Title 21 CFR 177.1550
- Meets USDA Hazard Analysis and Critical Control points.
- Detectable metal additive meets the latest revision of the Food Chemicals Codex*.
- Animal Derived Ingredient Free†
* The Food Chemicals Codex Project is an activity of the food and nutrition board of the Institute of Medicine and is supported by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.